Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Archie - Original Comic - Page 1

Is this great or what? This is when Archie was originally introduced in Pep Comics in 1941. This is another of many examples that show how cartoon characters can change over time. The artist keeps adding new touches and the character evolves.

Charles Schultz is a great example if you look at the original Peanuts characters.

It looks like this is the first time Betty sees Archie and she is immediately attracted to him. I know, right? He looks a bit dorky. :-)

I'll add the rest of the pages to this first story once I get them enhanced. Keep in mind this is enhanced so some of the colors have been changed and/or made more vivid. Unfortunately fixing the text isn't something I have at my disposal at the moment, but it is readable.




Complete 1st Archie Comic

No comments:

Post a Comment